Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love You Mum

Hello Everyone and welcome to the very last day of the JustRite Papercraft CHA release!  I hope you've had a blast following all the releases over the CHA week and have been inspired!  Today we are showcasing the All In The Family Large Sentiments, which is designed to beautifully co-ordinate with many of the JustRite sets such as Large Fancy Sentiments that I've used today.  Here in Australia we say MUM not MOM, so I love that JustRite has included BOTH spellings so that it doesn't matter where in the world you live, you'll have the right spelling for your mother!!  :)
I love making Spellbinders shaped cards and I've had a couple of inquiries about them, so I thought I'd show you a super quick tutorial on how to create this card.  :)

To begin, I've folded a piece of white cardstock (lighter weight 200 gsm) and placed the Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die over the edge.  I've held the die in place with removable tape.  The card can be difficult to get out of the die - especially if it's new!  To avoid this, add a piece of waxed paper (Aussies can buy this at Coles) between the die and the cardstock.
I use Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine, other machines may work differently in how they cut, or if they can handle two pieces of card folded over.  Please don't force a sandwich through your machine and damage it!!  I do find that sometimes a folded piece of card will not cut evenly the first time it goes through the machine - turn the die 90 degrees and put it through again, continue until cut through.
You'll be left with a card that looks like this.....
I want to make the front of my card a different colour, so I've cut a piece of purple bazzill (a scrap piece from my scrap box!), this time make sure the die is not over the edge.
Once you've cut that shape, you'll have your folded card base and coloured card front - glue these together.  The first time I glued these two pieces together when I made my very first shaped card was a disaster - glue oozed out everywhere!!  ICK!!!  Then I found the Glue Marker - no more oozing!!  :)
For today's card, I've cut a piece of Kaisercraft Lake House DP with the next die in the Resplendent Rectangles set.  The other two have been cut using JustRite's Vintage Labels Four Dies.  The first one has been stamped with JustRite's Floral Flourishes Background stamp in Memento Lulu Lavender, the second has been stamped using Large Fancy Sentiments for 'Love You' and All In The Family Large Sentiments for 'Mum'.  While it was still in the die, I've airbrushed a little V01 Copic Marker over it.  :)

Pop the DP panel up on foam tape.  Add a couple of pearl flourishes to the corners.  Glue the sentiment panel to the stamped background panel and pop up on foam tape.  Finish by adding a bow to the bottom of the sentiment.
Easy isn't it??!!!  :)  Hope you've enjoyed the tutorial and don't miss the beautiful creations the JustRite girls have for you today!

Stamps - All In The Family Large Sentiments, Large Fancy Sentiments, Floral Flourishes Background Stamp (JustRite)
Paper - White, Purple Bazzill, Kaisercraft Lake House DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Lulu Lavender
Accessories - Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles Die, JustRite Vintage Labels Four Dies, Purple Satin Ribbon, Pearl Flourishes, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape, X-press It Glue Marker.

There's lots of wonderful inspiration to be found by the team today, please pop by and leave them some love!!!
JustRite Inspiration 
Sheri Holt
Barb Schram
Kathy Jones
Darsie Bruno
Michele Kovack 

Thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

11 comments:

pam124 said...

Kathy, thanks for the tutorial. I still haven't tried these cards, but I may do it soon. Yours turned out beautiful as always.

I LOVE your colors, layers and mix of dp. This is STUNNING!

cyga said...

Fantastick card and colours.

Edna Morrisedie said...

All ready for your own purple loving Mother, thank G for the for U it's about time!!

Cathy McGrath said...

So gorgeous and so glad that JustRite have a MUM option in their greetings/sentiments (am an aussie gal). Thanks for the great tutorial.

Tammy E. said...

Very elegant and pretty.

Helen said...

Just gorgeous, Darling! Love the PURPLE......so very blessed to be your Mum!!!

Sammi said...

How very clever you are!! This is gorgeous Kathy!!!
Sammi
xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Kathy! I was over at the JustRite blog the other day and I must say, your cards stopped me in my tracks! So exquisitely beautiful! Such lovely, feminine papers and colors, and your use of the dies takes it all over the top. Big sigh!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card its so elegant. And pretty i love these kind of cards.

Debs A

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for the tutorial - I was wondering how you did that.

Gab said...

So pretty. And thanks for the tutorial! And very cool to see that spelling of mum!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails